Well here it is, my very first blog entry! It may not look like much yet, but I plan on getting quite a bit of use out of this little corner of cyberspace. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to join me here!
There are a lot of things I could fill this blog with. Politics, religious debate, matters of business, retail sales events, random mutterings and thoughts, etc. While its entirely possible (dare I say, likely) that some or all of those will pop up in a post here or there, my intention is to stay pretty well focused on film here. I will probably post film reviews when I am particularly impressed (or sometimes not so much). The bulk of my posts will pertain to my own journey into the world of film. Over the last few years I have developed an ever-growing passion for Christian film, and desperately yearn to invest my life in such an incredible and vastly uncharted territory.
That may seem like an odd phrase to use, uncharted territory, but I think it fits. While Christian films have been produced since well before I was born, I believe the genre is only just now starting to blossom and establish itself. Hollywood is finally realizing there is a true hunger for these films in America. Greater, still, independent groups are popping up all across the country and around the world, from a high school student picking up a video camera and making a short, to a homeschool group pulling their resources to tell a story, to a church ministry branching out and making a feature film. Everyday Christians are coming together in every corner of Creation to use their-God-given talents and skills to make incredible works that are both ministry and worship at the same time, and that is a thing of beauty!
So with so many groups already stepping up and spreading the message of Christ through film, what could I possibly hope to offer? That’s a fair question, and one I haven’t really found an answer to, yet. I have a handful of film concepts I would like to one day bring to the screen, but that’s not really a clearly defined role. Any ya-hoo can have an idea. I don’t know if I’m fit to be a screenwriter, director, producer, actor, or any of the other multitudes of roles available. I don’t know where exactly God wants to put me, and I imagine at some point I’ll probably where quite a few different hats. What I DO know is that every Christian has a story about how they got saved, or how God carried them through a rough time, or how they witnessed a miracle, and those stories need to be told!
So that’s why I’m here. I hope you’ll check back and see how my story progresses, and even share how part of it relates to your story. Who know, maybe we’ll collaborate, and part of this becomes our story together.
There are a lot of things I could fill this blog with. Politics, religious debate, matters of business, retail sales events, random mutterings and thoughts, etc. While its entirely possible (dare I say, likely) that some or all of those will pop up in a post here or there, my intention is to stay pretty well focused on film here. I will probably post film reviews when I am particularly impressed (or sometimes not so much). The bulk of my posts will pertain to my own journey into the world of film. Over the last few years I have developed an ever-growing passion for Christian film, and desperately yearn to invest my life in such an incredible and vastly uncharted territory.
That may seem like an odd phrase to use, uncharted territory, but I think it fits. While Christian films have been produced since well before I was born, I believe the genre is only just now starting to blossom and establish itself. Hollywood is finally realizing there is a true hunger for these films in America. Greater, still, independent groups are popping up all across the country and around the world, from a high school student picking up a video camera and making a short, to a homeschool group pulling their resources to tell a story, to a church ministry branching out and making a feature film. Everyday Christians are coming together in every corner of Creation to use their-God-given talents and skills to make incredible works that are both ministry and worship at the same time, and that is a thing of beauty!
So with so many groups already stepping up and spreading the message of Christ through film, what could I possibly hope to offer? That’s a fair question, and one I haven’t really found an answer to, yet. I have a handful of film concepts I would like to one day bring to the screen, but that’s not really a clearly defined role. Any ya-hoo can have an idea. I don’t know if I’m fit to be a screenwriter, director, producer, actor, or any of the other multitudes of roles available. I don’t know where exactly God wants to put me, and I imagine at some point I’ll probably where quite a few different hats. What I DO know is that every Christian has a story about how they got saved, or how God carried them through a rough time, or how they witnessed a miracle, and those stories need to be told!
So that’s why I’m here. I hope you’ll check back and see how my story progresses, and even share how part of it relates to your story. Who know, maybe we’ll collaborate, and part of this becomes our story together.
No comments:
Post a Comment