Thursday, September 29, 2011

When an Idea Becomes More…

When I sat down at the computer tonight, I did not think this would be the topic I’d write about.

Out of the blue, this evening, I got a chat message from a buddy of mine I haven’t chatted with in a while. He asked me about how my business is doing and about life in general, and I inquired in kind. Then he asked about the film I worked on recently, A Strange Brand of Happy (I use the term “worked” rather loosely. I was a stand in for 3 days and bugged everyone around me to see if I could help move equipment and whatnot). He took a very keen interest in my goals and asked very direct questions. Before too long, he was expressing an interest in working on a project with me. This of course, reminded me that another friend of mine, a more experienced filmmaker from Indianna, had also expressed an interest in coming up and working on that very same project.

So now it seems that my friends care about my dreams of filmmaking too much to watch me procastinate and sit on my hands, and God bless them for it! Now I’ve gone from having an idea, and lovely “someday” to an eager crew of 4 men, mostly strangers, enthusiastically scheduling Skype meetings and conference calls, all to make part of my vision become reality. I don’t know what projects will make it from paper to screen, what friends I’ll make along the way, or what surprises God has in store for us, but I do know He blesses the joyful and humble effort of those who come together for His glory. I can’t wait to see what He has in store for us!

Psalm 133
A song of ascents. Of David.

How good and pleasant it is
when God’s people live together in unity!
It is like precious oil poured on the head,
running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron’s beard,
down on the collar of his robe.
It is as if the dew of Hermon
were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the LORD bestows his blessing,
even life forevermore

No comments:

Post a Comment